View Single Post
Old Sep 17th, 2020, 09:05   #30
palwing

Dippydog. I guess if you are happy with your lot then that’s a good enough reason to stay where you are. Notice I avoided mentioning your town in case I was also censored by the craziness of the world today. I would say though, if you have never travelled, how do you know there are not better places elsewhere? But it comes down to what a person is happy with for their life. No one else can live it for you. By the way, I have found going on holiday somewhere is not the same as living there.

By the way, an ex colleague of mine was born and bred in, dare I type Scunthorpe? He lived in Exeter Road. My wife researched his family tree and found that his ancestors were major builders there (dare not to type it twice!) and built many of the house in and around Exeter Road. Another of his ancestors was also the Mayor in the 30’s. I believe there are a lot of his distant family still in the area. The family name was Spavin and his family were renown for being the world roller skating champions in the early 1900’s plus speed cycling champions. Lots of old press articles about them at the time, including their photographs. I won’t tell you his full name to protect the innocent. Photograph of the famous family below. Fascinating.

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 012A0EAA-A6F0-4D79-9009-BEDCB1D9D380.jpeg (160.9 KB, 36 views)

Last edited by palwing; Sep 17th, 2020 at 09:24.
palwing is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to palwing For This Useful Post: