View Single Post
Old Mar 7th, 2020, 11:11   #3
spiralarms

A quick update. I've got the new bush and bracket on and installed (I ended up getting it from the local Volvo dealer for £56+VAT). As you can see from the photos, it doesn't look quite right! Though the bolt holes on the bracket are elongated they are not elongated enough to match up nicely with the captive nuts on the subframe.

Fortunately as it is a rubber bush, I was able to get them to line up by forcing the bush off the square a bit. There's the possibility it is supposed to be like that, but I suspect somethings a bit off with location of the nuts on my frame. Perhaps someone who knows what they are doing would have elongated the holes a bit more, before installing it!

I'll do the other side sometime, and if it is is also off the square with the new bush, then I may assume it is supposed to be like that. Otherwise I'll may remove this bush again, and drill a more elongated hole(s), so it sits a bit more square.

I've taken some short videos of what I had to do to get this job done, and I'll upload it to Youtube some time.

Neil
Attached Images
File Type: jpg new-bush-loose.jpg (145.7 KB, 117 views)
File Type: jpg new-bush-fixed.jpg (247.2 KB, 111 views)
spiralarms is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to spiralarms For This Useful Post: