Thread: TRACS/ABS: - SAS reading 180 degrees out
View Single Post
Old Mar 7th, 2019, 14:58   #3
Piers1956

Default Upside down!

Interesting to find this thread. I was doing a google search for SAS 180 degrees out and picked it up.

I have a 2006 V70 D5 and the SAS was dodgy when I bought it. Drive a couple of hundred miles with no problems but couldn't cope with a tight left hand turn....the kind you do in a tight situation not normal driving. No other fault.

Being a tight ass I plumbed for a nice second hand unit to prove to myself that it was the SAS at fault.

Fitted yesterday with just the usual two and a half turns to centre it and parked on a wet grass surface I powered from lock to lock several times with no issues.

Then the road test. Well I didn't make 200 yards before the fairy lights came on again.

Plugged my scanner in and dead ahead was showing exactly 180 degrees.

So I guess I could spend eternity with the steering wheel on upside down, I have tried it....or get a complete idiots guide on ripping it to bits and restoring 180 degrees round.

Just as a check I put the original unit back on and took an extra turn to replicate the second unit but this was now 360 degrees out so no tight turns. Sure enough, in a straight line on came the lights.

Any help in the rescue would be appreciated.

Regards

Jim (New Member)
Piers1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Piers1956 For This Useful Post: