Thread: 240 General: - Auto to manual transmission swap
View Single Post
Old Nov 26th, 2019, 15:37   #3
AlexO

I've done this job before and it's not as hard as it sounds, you just need to have all the parts ready to go. Myself and two of my (significantly mechanically experienced) brothers managed to do it over a weekend in two 12 hour days so you're probably looking at about 72 man-hours if it's your first go and you're using hand tools.

As a word of warning I recommend making sure that you have the correct cross member and mount for your M46/47 as they're different from the auto cross member and bodging it to fit is just a bad idea. Make sure you also have a pilot bearing ready to go as I forgot this and it nearly scuppered my conversion. Whilst you've got the flywheel off I recommend changing the rear main seal as well but remember, to do this properly you'll need a new gasket for the seal cover as well as the rear main seal itself. Might be an idea to change the propshaft bearing on the middle support before you install the new propshaft as well.

Best of luck,

Alex
The Following User Says Thank You to AlexO For This Useful Post: