View Single Post
Old Aug 8th, 2011, 08:28   #27
Volvo Canadian
Bury me in my Volvo

Hi - it's too late for me, but I'll chime-in. I do have a question, which I'll save until the end.

Mirrors. I am blind in one eye (left), so in Canada that means shoulder-checking is pretttty difficult. There are very, very few Volvos over here with the wing mirrors, and I always thought "What's the point of that?" Small field of view. Reading this it sounds like that is the case alright, but I agree, they do look sharp. I bought the rectangular ones for both sides, the one on the far-side as much for looks as anything though, as I know from experience they can't be turned enough to sit where they need to. Fair-enough, but unless someone says different, the only way to make that mirror functional is to put a big convex bubble on it, which is what I did. I tried it out in all kinds of places, but in the end, just placed it where I thought it looked the best.

Kinda cavalier for someone who needs all the help he can get? No. When I was in my early 20's, a friend gave me a "racing mirror," or "taxi mirror" - it goes all the way across the top of the window, and has five flat mirrors in it, fanning-out at different angles. I've fit it in all my 122's over the years, and it is great, if a bit ugly, and a bit chaotic if you are not used-to it, as the views in the mirrors overlap! So, Derek - do-tell about what you have; I didn't know anything else like mine (improved, mind-you) was available.
Volvo Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote