View Single Post
Old Sep 29th, 2011, 20:45   #73
crossedover

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvorocks View Post
Hi Crossedover

Regards your CRV - have you found it reliable - has it been a good car - as Ive noticed that these are currently on offer at 4yrs 0% with free servicing free breakdown etc etc.Would you recommend the CRV as a second car that mainly does urban with the occassional motorway journey?

Thanks
We have had our CR-V 18 months and its done 35k miles in that time, and it has been faultless. I'd say for your usage it would be very good. It's the 2.2 diesel (with the new, better engine) which gives adequate performance, and returns about 37-38 mpg of for mainly cross country/motorway driving with a bit of town work thrown in. Doesn't quite manage the opulent feel of the XC60 inside but it's a nice place to be. We've also taken it to the south of France a few times and it was ideal for that albeit the XC60 is a bit quieter on the motorway.

Re depreciation, like the XC60 there are some hefty discounts available which may account for some of that.

Only thing I'd be wary of buying one now is I think there is a new model due out soonish.

HTH.