Thread: Advice needed
View Single Post
Old Jul 7th, 2017, 07:04   #2
VivaLaVolvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIL7317 View Post
I have a 2003 V70 R which I have had more or less from new which I absolutely love. Problem is that it has done 249k miles and has developed the dreaded auto gearbox problem and is only operating in 2WD. The car is in quite good condition otherwise with a new belt, a remanufactured turbo, refurbished wheels (one is slightly scuffed) and four new Hankook tyres. The advice I need is whether or not it is worth doing the gearbox and AWD repair as I'm guessing this is going to cost more than the car is worth, or should I just sell it?

Thanks.
Only you can answer that.

I spent £4K on my 2005 V70 T5. No way was it worth £4K but at the same time, I wasn't spending in it to sell it. The way I saw it is buying another car of similar size, power and extremely high spec would have cost a fortune. Let's say I had to pay £400 per month to finance a new car - that's £4,800 in the first year alone. For less than that I got my car back to decent condition and it'll hopefully see me right for another good few years yet with just standard maintenance now.

If it were mine I'd go for it but everyone is different.
VivaLaVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to VivaLaVolvo For This Useful Post: