View Single Post
Old Feb 14th, 2020, 01:32   #6
Bashy
Aged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stegreg View Post
theres some good video clips on bumper removal on you tube, to explains it better than words, but its comes off in minutes, you will be surprised, but you could always get someone to rev the engine and listen low down by the front grille, see if you can hear air escaping, plus if you can see any oil smears on the radiators, that's a good tell tale sign too of an intercooler leak.
yes its sandwiched between the water and air con, but easy enough to separate without removing all 3, so you can just ease out the intercooler and swap it. have plenty of gloves to hand if it has gone, it take a long long time to wash diesel oil off your hands afterwards, LOL.
How many coolers are there please?
Is it different for a petrol v diesel?
You've mentioned three there, what about in say V70 with the TF-80 box
Theres obviously the water, gearbox oil cooler, there is aircon too so its sounds like theres a cooler for that as well, do i also have a cooler for the turbo or is that totally different to a petrol turbo, so still 3 or?

Sorry to the op for jumping in, just caught my eye with so many coolers lol could be more if i do the retro fit 8 row gearbox cooler