View Single Post
Old Mar 28th, 2022, 19:41   #6
munchingfoo

I did three tests runs over greater than 100miles. I tried different driving styles. The best motorway range I got was 186 miles driving at an average speed of 54mph. Used cruise control. No crazy acceleration. Temperature was around 14C, so almost optimal. Climate controlled turned off.

The implied usable battery capacity from my tests was 60.69 kWh.

Something is really wrong with this p6.

I called care by volvo to discuss. Turns out the battery capacity of the p6 is only 69kWh (67 kWw usable). This is completely different to that stated in their advertising here. (You need to click "All performance data" to read it). This page shows 78kWh usable. None of their maths on the range works on 67kWh. You can never get 260 miles on that 67kWh battery.

I have booked a call with a manager from Care by Volvo to explain themselves tomorrow. I will either be returning the car as significantly not as described or I will expect a large reduction in monthly cost. That discrepancy 11kWh of usable battery capacity is about £8,000 worth of cost cutting on the car. Someone has made a career ending mistake here.

If Volvo change their website specifications and you need a copy, please ask. I have a snapshot of the webpage and a picture.

Last edited by munchingfoo; Mar 28th, 2022 at 19:47.
munchingfoo is offline   Reply With Quote