View Single Post
Old Nov 13th, 2008, 01:27   #13
foggyjames
300 Register Keeper

Hi Mark,

Yes, I do. The really frustrating thing is that "my" replacement nose-cone is even the correct colour for your car, but I've already allocated it to my 343. To be fair, I'd suggest you get the replacement acid dipped and repainted anyway, so that is probably just motivation!

I have a number to choose from. There's the light blue one on the car at the moment, which has a small amount of filler in one corner, but is fundamentally sound, then there is a green one with a small amount of rust (which hasn't perforated the panel yet). I also have a dark blue one which is rust-free, but has been battered around a bit, and will need (at least) a skim of filler to make it straight again. I've only kept it because it's not rusty! I suggest you opt for the green one, or perhaps the light blue one.

I haven't forgotten about your question about the oil temp sensor, by the way...I've just been up to my eyes in it, and it's not a two minute job. The VDO part numbers on the sensor are 801.12.3, but as with the oil pressure sensor, that's not the complete part number. I'll take a look in my VDO catelogue when I get some time. Do remind me!

cheers

James

'13 V70 D4 SE Lux
'89 740 Turbo Intercooler
'88 360 Turbo Intercooler
'84 360 GLT
'81 343 GLS R-Sport
'79 343 DL
'70 164
foggyjames is offline   Reply With Quote