View Single Post
Old Jul 28th, 2019, 12:13   #34
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100K+ View Post
I have followed this post with interest. In his first post Clan says

"what you need to do is drain the oil and filter put the filter back and pour in 5.7 litres of the finest 0w/30 , then with Vida, reset the oil level gauge"

My question is

If during a " service oil change" you have taken 5.7 oil out and return 5.7 litres new oil, do you still need to reset the oil level gauge?? Surely any difference in oil quantity (small though it may be) would show up as an +/- on the electronic dash oil level reading???

Or does emptying the sump somehow cause the electronics which measure the oil level to go into melt down, which then needs VIDA to reset them???

Cheers
Bob

The thing is you don't know how much is in there before you drain it someone could have put too much or too little in . You always start with the correct volume after you do an oil drain , then reset the gauge which takes what ever you put in to be the correct volume ...also someone may have calibrated the gauge with the incorrect volume of oil .. ! Always start with basic principles , the correct volume of oil and a calibrated gauge .