View Single Post
Old Apr 5th, 2020, 17:06   #40
Elsimo

Hi Sea jay, I am wondering if you ever managed to sort your problem out?
I have a 2012 XC 90 exc with exactly the same symptoms as you describe. I have been able to get the radio/cd player working correctly by unplugging the MOST fibre optic cable from rear of the satnav unit under the passenger seat and plugging it into a MOST loop, thus removing the Satnav from the system.
On checking the Satnav it appears to be receiving power ok as I can see lights in the front of the unit and when I turn the ignition on there is a red light emitting from the Most socket on the rear of the unit under the seat. I have also had the display unit out of the dash and all power connections show voltage and if I wind the motor manually to raise the screen as soon as I reconnect the power it powers the screen back down as if the Satnav had been shut down. I know people say there are other units which are far better than the Volvo built in ones, but it annoys me that it is sat there not working when it might be a simple thing to get it going. I have also checked all the relevant fuses but no luck yet.

Last edited by Elsimo; Apr 5th, 2020 at 17:23.
Elsimo is offline   Reply With Quote