Thread: 164 at auction
View Single Post
Old Apr 11th, 2018, 13:49   #8
ITSv40
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky82 View Post
Thanks a lot ITSv40, that's a really helpful perspective. I do like the look of this car, but I think I'm moving more and more to the view that I should let this one go, and look for a safer, more solid option, even if that means waiting longer. That's not really a problem anyway: it has taken me years to find this garage, so I can now definitely wait a bit more to find the right car to put in it!
That is definitely the correct strategy. The right car will come along and when it does you will know. I was in the same position when I was looking for a C70. I knew the colour combo, engine/ gearbox combo and it needed to be low mileage and in the very best condition possible - price was secondary.

Having looked at over a dozen poor examples, that in the adverts matched my criteria, I was on the verge of giving up, then the car I bought came along and everything was right and at a lot less than I was prepared to pay - which was a bonus.

Don't give up, take your time and eventually you will find the right car. Good luck.
ITSv40 is online now   Reply With Quote