View Single Post
Old Dec 4th, 2023, 16:11   #6
PetterF

Quote:
Originally Posted by john.wigley View Post
Out of interest, 'PetterF', and if you don't mind my asking, what might one expect to pay for a 20 year old Volvo in Sweden today? I seem to recall that they were much dearer in neighbouring Denmark (something to do with taxation?) than in Sweden, but in both countries cars were considerably more expensive than the UK.

For example, my own 2000 V70 cost me £550 from a dealer 7 years ago, around 5-6000 SEK in your money.

Regards, John.
Hi John,

Sorry, on the slow answer

I'm only looking at the very bottom of the market, trying to find a something that has minimal body rust, no major mechanical faults, and has still half a year left until the next yearly safety check (MOT?). I'm looking to pay 15000 SEK (1100 sterling) for that. I do see the same models advertised for double or more, but maybe there is probably. something extra special about them: restored or hi-spec motor maybe.

I do know that 145s and 245s are getting good prices now. I sold a straight and clean 245 10 years ago for 5000 SEK, and it'd get 20000 SEK now, but that's probably it becoming a classic model.

I think average v50s are going for as little as 20000 SEK and more. Less than that then there is probably something more major that needs fixing.

Again, I don't know the market very well, but that's what I kinda see via my own few touch points.

(excuse any misspelling I hate writing on my phone)
PetterF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PetterF For This Useful Post: