View Single Post
Old Nov 16th, 2018, 12:00   #2
LizardOfBodom
WowIcanwriteAnythingHere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrasL View Post
Hello dear community!

Note: I also posted this question on a sister forum of this, with no reply.
Thats because our US friends from SS dont know what "D3" is :P SS forum is mainly for T5 and 2.4i's and some general info. Here you have better chance to get diesel-specific answers.

All the services dealership will do for you are essential and fact you will have them done takes 99% of your worries for a start - thats good. Cant advise you much about diesel - related maintenence, but from general rule of thumb I will point out few things:
- find out when the T-belt was changed. If never or you dont know - change it immediately
- check condition of tyres, just for your peace of mind
- if car has sunroof - make sure you research "sunroof drain clog" problem on either of forums and act immediately
- get yourself a 15e OBDII reader from ebay/amazon. Hopefully you wont need it, but knowing our P1 cars, you may at some point - will realy come handy and may save you a tons of money.

Get familiar with a car after few days and post any further questions - if you are not familiar with P1 platform you may have some.
Also post a picture - otherwise its a Honda :P