View Single Post
Old Apr 11th, 2023, 06:24   #15
Othen
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by john.wigley View Post
I wouldn't have thought so, Alan. I think from his post he is clearly a pragmatic sort of chap who was looking for sound real world advice. As usual, the forum delivered in abundance.

Earlier today, I was made aware of a '75 'barn find' Mk3 Ford Cortina at auction, requiring work, which had already topped £7k with several days still to run. Prices are all over the place, which is one reason that I think he might do better at auction. I'd put a sensible reserve on it - say £2k - and see what happens. I've a feeling that we could be agreeably surprised by the result!

Regards, John.
Thank you John, I hope you are right.

Older Fords (and VWs) do tend to make quite absurd money (in my opinion), which is one of the reasons I like older Volvos - they are still accessible. When Steve (far more knowledgeable than I) told us the 345 might be worth £1,500 to £2,500 a little bit of me wanted to buy it; then I remembered I already have an Amazon and a 240 that I don't use enough .

I hope the OP does manage to get a good price for his late brother's motor car; perhaps he will let us know how he gets on.

Alan

Last edited by Othen; Apr 11th, 2023 at 08:31.
Othen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Othen For This Useful Post: