View Single Post
Old Aug 9th, 2019, 18:24   #1
enigmacloud

Default need a new central locking key.

Hello everyone,

I've been an owner of a 2001 phase 2 volvo v40 for a couple of weeks now and have really been enjoying the car so far.

Of course a car of this age may have a few minor isseus, but this is nothing that cannot be fixed either by myself or an expert, although I have hit a snag when it comes to the central locking keyfob.

As you can see, there is not much left of the only key I got with the car, and the remote for central locking fob was missing altogether.
I suspect that this is simply the spare key to the car.
It was gleud shut with an epoxy to whatever remained of the original key made by the Denso corporation.

Luckely this key is perfectly functional, despite it not it beign the prettiest, but I figured that if i had to create a new key (and use my current one as a spare) i'd just pay the extra money to get a fully programmed key, including remote central locking.

Problem is, I went to my local volvo dealer to discuss this, and have been told that these remotes are no longer supplied, and thus it is impossible to do, the only thing they still program is the key itself, not the central locking bit.

I've been searching this forum for any workaround, or if perhaps a central locking device from say a wrecked car can be reprogrammed for usage in my car, but alas without results.

Does anyone here know IF there is a workaround for the remote control?
enigmacloud is offline   Reply With Quote