View Single Post
Old Dec 16th, 2018, 16:02   #19
simonjedrake
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulDrives View Post
I'm not sure if this is the same issue, but after dealer software update I spent a good while scratching my head to work out why the vehicle modem stopped working. Eventually I went back through settings > communication > car modem to discover that this had been turned off. I assumed that was something the dealer did during the update, or else part of the system reset that they also performed.
Anyway, switched that back on and the setting seems to have stuck.
I also had exactly the same problem last week after my cars 3 month initial check up.
The dealers now connect the car's systems via the built in Wifi rather than the previous method of a cable, but by activating the inbuilt wifi this auto deactivates the car's modem.
Hence unless the dealer has turned the modem back on, you will experience the above problem.
If after you have turned the modem back on it still fails to connect to the outside internet, then check the modem's APN setting which in my case I had to delete/auto reset to get it working again.