View Single Post
Old Dec 1st, 2022, 16:06   #6
dikidera

If I have to be honest, I'm down to do it. But I am no licensed technician to work with pressurized containers like LPG and CNG(or oxygen) and I could very well be blown to smithereens if I did something wrong. CNG is stored at much much higher pressures than LPG, but it's lighter than air and would escape the vicinity faster.
LPG is stored in less pressures but is heavier than air and lingers longer if not ventilated well.
Moreover, both the CNG and LPG tanks weigh a ****ton and if I had to secure it to the underside of the car by myself, or even drop down the old one without any support, I wouldn't be able to do it myself. I can already imagine myself not securing the tank properly and having it fall off the car while driving or hitting some bump...the mere thought of this scares me.

I believe hardware and software-wise, I could probably do the switch. I've been meaning to switch the original gauges either way, the S60 CNG gauge would become the digital one, and the petrol fuel will become like in standard cars and how it is in the other pure petrol S60s.

I have one more question regarding CNG. I have the dreaded error code ECM-F00D the version where it says Signal too high(or was it low). I don't know if my sensor on the distributor has died but this doesn't seem to have affected much. The sensor is damn near impossible to find and replace.
Do you guys know what this sensor does and what I can do to fix it? The error code is permanent, it comes back after being cleared by VIDA.

Last edited by dikidera; Dec 1st, 2022 at 16:16.
dikidera is offline   Reply With Quote