View Single Post
Old Aug 9th, 2016, 17:34   #1
andythepandy

Default The beast on bike carbs

Hello one and all, I thought that today I would share with you me labor of love and project for the past couple of months. I have had my 240 for over a year now and have made many small improvements to it whilst keeping it practical and trying to do a few different things with it. I've been having loads of trouble with the solex carb that is on it and after loads of messing about with it I decided to just get rid of it and put something a bit tastier on it. My mate had some GSX-R 750 carbs lying in his garage and I thought why not!

So I waited for some free time and got working on it. Along with the carbs I also changed the engine mounts for some heavy duty ones from classic swede, and got the clutch done along with lots of cleaning and much throwing away of useless engine crap.

After lots of trouble with the ignition system I decided to go with a megajolt setup and voila! shes done. Steve Walford helped me set up the carbs and did a cracking job on it. I would definitely recommend him. Its making 150 at the flywheel and 120 at the wheels. The torque and noise is hellish. Its made such a difference to the car and I love it. I've also got to do some tidying up in the engine bay and find a blanking plate for the dizzy, does anyone know where I can get one? Next step, cam time!

Also one question the car vibrates quite a lot when idling and at low speed, any ideas or remedies?

andythepandy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to andythepandy For This Useful Post: