Thread: Amazon: - Brake System Upgrade
View Single Post
Old Dec 14th, 2009, 08:01   #27
dheming

I've narrowed it down to three aftermarket 287 x 22mm Volvo rotors:

Brembo BR25287 - $47.75 These look like a simple but high quality vented rotor. Their only interesting attribute is that they're "Made of high carbon cast iron...With better damping factor that reduces noise and vibrations."

Centric CE120.39014 - $42.34 These are interesting because they're a 2 piece floating type rotor for a great price. Of the group these are the ones I'll probably go with. I just wish it was slotted, which brings me to:

ATE W0133-1613244 - $62.95 These have a really nice slot pattern and seem to be overall nice quality. Only problem is that I can't verify what actual size they are and the manufacturers site isn't much help nor is Google. I spent just 40 minutes with a thepartsbin.com agent through their "Live Help" feature only to find out that they don't actually know what size it is and that I should just use the Brembo part above that I gave her as a cross reference... Great, thanks for the help. So I just sent an email to someone at ATE asking if they might be so kind as to give me a part number for the size rotor I need. Considering how lousy their product information support is I'm not very hopeful, I shouldn't have to work this hard to find simple product specs. So again I'm kinda leaning towards the Centric 2 piece.

Last edited by dheming; Dec 14th, 2009 at 08:03.
dheming is offline   Reply With Quote