View Single Post
Old Jan 19th, 2015, 23:56   #7
Flux
Premier Member

Tried out the geartronic winter mode today. Wasn't aware until I saw considered's post. Quite neat and easy to do. You can actually use this mode to go up and down the full range of gears with a quick nudge of the stick. Holds the gear you're in until you manually change (unlike flappies mode that gets overridden by the electronics) and notice a little arrow appear above the selected gear telling you to shift up. You could actually drive like that if inclined but no real point. Effectively five driving modes on geartronic to choose from. Normal, winter, sport, eco and flappies.

Must say though that I didn't try using the flappies in the winter mode (if indeed you can) as I think that might have given me a nosebleed from too many options!

Winter mode a nice touch though and useful to override standard geartronic telemetry when conditions dictate that manual intervention is needed [in snowy conditions]. All I need now is some snow..........but also probably winter tyres to keep me on the straight and narrow....which I don't have!

Last edited by Flux; Jan 20th, 2015 at 00:09.
Flux is offline   Reply With Quote