View Single Post
Old May 26th, 2018, 22:42   #16
Footfistart

Well I’m done some more troubleshooting but installing new coils and new sparks which are gapped to 0.7mm and no difference. I took the thermostat out and that also didn’t change anything. Seems to be engine temperature related for sure.

I took all the earthing points I could off and cleaned them. I knew they be okay as they have been for the last 18years. Disconnected the battery and left it for half hour with cables touching to short everything out. Took the crank sensor out and cleaned that and again all of that made no difference. Still misses when it gets hot. I have no idea what else it can be.

I checked the cables and well it’s 18years old so the cables are hard from the heat but I can’t see anything wrong as such from what I looked at. I followed the cables but it joins the bigger look and it all ends up at the ecu under the bonnet. I loOked at the pins in the plug and well they look very similar to the other dour plugs.

A2C88363-0201-4FB8-AD8D-EB365D5E6A9E.jpg

Been told that there is 12v at the coil with ignition on it’s just the signal wire determines when to fire the coils but it’s very hard to measure that. I can’t measure the power because I don’t have the correct probes on my multimeter. Need thing long ones.

What else can cause this issue? Vacuum leaks?

Remember this happens when it’s hot but runs fine when cold.

Ryan
Footfistart is offline   Reply With Quote