View Single Post
Old Feb 21st, 2019, 16:37   #34
LizardOfBodom
WowIcanwriteAnythingHere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyMelon View Post
I really think on a GOOD kit from a reputable seller (not ebay) you don't need to worry about this anymore.

I've had my Stealth kit fitted for 3.5 years now without any issues at all. I do have DRL disabled though (previous owner did this before I got the car). I however have my lights on all the time.
No, not really. Even Mormoto kits *can* cause WMM failure as its a combination of all various factors and if you are unlucky good kit will still fail you. On the other hand, understanding the issue helps a lot avoiding the problems.
-Disabling DRL is really nothing different to keeping your switch on pos2 constantly. BUT if someone puts it on pos0 by accident, there is a REALLY high risk of something failing. In best case scenario, just HID kit, in worse - WMM.
- external ground cable is a very safe and cheap remedy that further eliminates possibility of an issue, but previous owner of my car didnt have it and you dont have it either, so its proven it can work without it. But its also proven NOT having it can cause WMM failure. So its a gamble.
- adding any extra capacitors/AF/eliminators in the wiring nivelates possibility even further. Again - proven that not having them can work, but also proven that without them all weird things happen (in my case only ballast died when testing).

bottom line - make it as safe as possible with time/money permits. The more you do, the safer you will be but I am far from statement that "just having good kit will suffice".