View Single Post
Old Dec 22nd, 2019, 15:04   #259
JFrisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by marekbm View Post
new bootloader, some bug fixes (i hope than more than new ones). because i have working on the version for P3/P1 and XC90, where the almost same modem is used (just little bit newer than P2 facelift), the modem library was updated to support all these combinations.
i have tested it on my S60 (P2, first models) and S80 P3 and it works without problems. but if somebody has a PHM where the wavecom modem was before then send a feedback if everything works. but it should not be a problem because it should operate almost same like on P3.

v2019-12-19_1

fixed:
- if the call starts during contacts synchronization then it is terminated after all contacts are readout (without any impact of user)

news:
- you can see the synchronization progress. it is not operate fully properly on P2. for the status update on some models you have to manually refresh it (red button if you see "Sync. xx%" and green after that).
- the file name for bootloader activation changed to "bootloader.run" (was "boot_loader.run" before)
- the bootloader file name changed to "bootloader_p2v2.btb" (was "boot_loader.btb" before)
- support for P3/P1 and XC90 modem (in fact irrelevant information for P2 owners)
Hello Marek,

I just tested the new fw (2019-12-19) in my P2 Volvo, but I had some seriously issues.

I’m not sure what original GSM modem I had, but it’s labeled Q2406A-C.

I successfully flashed the fw to the BT Phone, but after that my phone is not showing up as paired on my dash.
And the BT Phone is stuck in the BT Phone menus. I then tried to unpair my iPhone from the BT Phone menu, but then it actually tried to dial that command as a phone number on my phone. The BT Phone where still stuck in the BT Phone menus, it don’t even says “Volvo BT”. I also tried to restart the BT Phone, but with no better result.

After some heavy tests I were successfully with reflash the previously fw to the BT Phone, and everything worked as before the upgrade again.

But I thought I should give it another try. But now after ugrade to the new fw the BT Phone is stuck with the message “Please wait…”. I can send files to it, but nothing happens. I have tested to restart the BT Phone and unpaired it from my compute and my phone, but nothing get it from the message “Please wait…”.

------

I decided to go out and make a new attempt to get it a third try, and now the "Please wait..." message disappeared.
But the BT Phone only says "Sync 0%", and the menus is still stuck in the BT Phone menus. And if i try to send the update command, the phone tries to dial the command.

But when I turned off my BT on my iPhone, the "Sync 0%" message disappeared, and I was able to send the "update" command to set the BT Phone in update mode, so I'm back with the previous fw again.

I guess it looks like the new fw is not working well with the Wavecom Q2406A-C modem.

Last edited by JFrisk; Dec 22nd, 2019 at 16:25.
JFrisk is offline   Reply With Quote