View Single Post
Old Nov 19th, 2020, 23:14   #8
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
Prior to 1995 the 940 instrument clusters only covered relatively short model runs. It took me over a year to track down a working 1994 cluster when I needed one.

The ABS light fault is quite likely a broken PCB ground track which is common with the adjacent warning lamps. I fixed mine at one stage by soldering a small piece of copper tape across the track. Others have used a small piece of wire to “jumper” across the fault. You may find this is easier and quicker than finding a replacement cluster.

You can access the offending track by removing all the warning bulbs (take a picture first so you’ll remember where they go) and then flipping out the bottom edge of the flexible PCB.
I've already suggested repair is the best option but been ignored. The common earth track to some warning lights has diodes linking the warning lights together including the no charge warning light, this gives the self-test facility on the ABS bulb at start-up. The bulbs are then linked via individual lines to the circuits they indicated a problem on. The other side of all bulbs is common to +12V ignition switched feed.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: