View Single Post
Old Feb 8th, 2021, 08:12   #14
Guymcc

Thanks for taking the time to reply xc90mk1, that actually really helps.... Perhaps I should just keep driving my disco3! Haha...

So it sounds like selekt is the way to go, and i doubt arnoldclark, even though they are the main dealer in Aberdeen, wont be able to offer the same cover as buying selekt.

I suppose there’s risk in everything, it’s just how you weigh it and how risk averse you are... yes the T8 is a complicated machine... but so are most new cars, and a large bill can happen on any of them... engine failure etc...

How many T8’s have had to have an engine replacement? And why?
What are the big failures on these T8’s... only thing ive read about is the ERAD, and some have had to pay half and some, with third party warranties has had it covered completely....

Clutches can start to go any time, so I’d say thats wear and tear anyway.... and if discs and pads fail, well then thats those items and not the ‘lemon’.

I’m definitely wanting to go in to T8 ownership with my eyes open and want to be aware of potential pitfalls...so feedback on major failures is helpful, as is warranty issues...

Thanks for the help....it does honestly help.