Thread: Wanted.
View Single Post
Old Apr 3rd, 2012, 23:16   #9
gloster_man
VOC Member

Hi Brian - did you find one last year? I'm now looking for one as Old Harry, my '92 245 SE, has failed the test on emissions, something it's not done before, and pitted discs as it was standing over the winter. I took the Cat off in '07 after a malfunction when it was probably the Lambda I needed to replace (though it's interesting to see how tannachyallen sorted his problem out!) when it had been running in Limp-Home mode for ages, so - after advice here - I took the cat out and put a straight pipe in, though never got round to putting the Lambda into a threaded bit on the pipe. [I can't put the original one back on as the welder who took it off stole it.]

It's failed [though they didn't remember that the cat wasn't there] because the MOT Rfr's (Reasons for Refusal) on cats changed on 1/1/12 [along with a number of other changes]: all vehicles that had a cat fitted at manufacture now have to have one present. There are more changes coming in now in April /May, including that tow-bar electrics have to function [mine don't but aren't a failure this time].

I've been trying to get one for a while, through breakers and fleabay, and now I have to get one. There are some new not too expensive, but I'm still trying to get one s/h.

Best wishes - Dan C

Last edited by gloster_man; Apr 3rd, 2012 at 23:20.
gloster_man is offline   Reply With Quote