View Single Post
Old Nov 19th, 2018, 10:48   #11
LizardOfBodom
WowIcanwriteAnythingHere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moz88 View Post
I put a full kit on ECU CEM key barrel steering lock and alarm module. All came to life but won't start turn the ignition off and it says 'immobiliser try start again'. I'm stumped now so might just give up and break it shame it's a nice car.
It feels like there are 2 separate conversations here, to be honest...

Did you check the SCU/SCL as mentioned by me and volvo_for_ever? that is usually the culprit. Why would you even try to start swapping CEM and ECU from donor car if its has no chance to work in the first place, as it was mentioned before? Its no wonder car refuses to start if its currently on ECM with different VIN number coded to different key etc.
Put original CEM and ECU back in the car and check Starter Control Unit. If that doesnt help DONT swap CEM around as this wont work and you will only be chasing non-existent issues. it ECM is faulty, the only way to deal tiwh it is either
- order blank in Volvo and get them to code it for you (price of a kidney)
OR
- get a matching one from donor car (must be similar spec) and get it cloned by external company. Only then it will work with your car.