Thread: Electrics: - Standing Battery Discharge Rate
View Single Post
Old Feb 19th, 2021, 14:58   #10
DLM48
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLM48 View Post
NOT as YET

going to be replacing the faulty alarm module ASAP and once I have that done I will again look at the locked and alarmed amp loading
Alarm Module DEAD battery leaked acid {fumes} and PCB covered in a sticky black layer and now tracks missing from the PCB

Bugger of a job to get to, and get the inner wing cover off, I still have two rivets to drill out {the heads came off easily but the bodies are still firmly fixed in the wing with the steel centres still in there}.

I used a sharpened wood chisel to slacken the security bolt that holds on the steel mount for the alarm module then a pair of forceps to loosen it totally.

Why VOLVO have used a snap off head security bolt there is somewhat baffling.

Still getting silly readings for standing discharge rates, though they have gone down quite significantly.

This car has lots of goodies like the screens in the back of the headrests and various other bits including a phone, the CD multi player space is empty

So once the new alarm module and fitting kit {£££ OUCH} gets delivered (next week) and fitted I will again have a search for this mystery discharge load.

Tis not really a big issue as the car is normally connected to a high tech CTEK MXS 5.0 charger.
V70 Classic 2.4 20V sold on VoS FB page in a few hours
Present - C70 2.4 SE GearTronic - V70R AWD Prins II LPG 2.5 GearTronic
DLM48 is offline   Reply With Quote