View Single Post
Old Mar 13th, 2011, 10:13   #15
owenski

Smile

At last I have worked out what this very annoying Idle problem was down too and I have even fixed it myself.

Here is what I did to discover and Fix the problem myself,

I took the drivers side foot wall pastic panel off so I could get at the ECU unit and then I let the car run and idle for about 30 minutes as it was parked to let the problem happen again.

Once the high idle problem started to happen I gave the the long black Ecu multiplug a good wriggle with my hand and sure enough the problem stopped and the idle went back to 900 revs as normal.

I knew then It had to be a bad contact joint somewhere around the black long multiplug or inside the ecu so then the next thing I did was turn the car off and disconnected the positive battery terminal and then unclipped the multiplug from the bottom of the ecu unit and then I used the smallest jewellers screwdriver I had and squezzed all the lose looking multiplug contacts together.

I put the multiplug black on the ecu unit and took the car for a 20 mile drive that sunday. I noticed the problem was still there as I was driving and I pulled in to a layby and wriggled the multiplug again and the problem disappeared again.

When I got home I took all the Torx screws out to open the Ecu unit and I discovered there was cracked solder joints in the ECU board where the multiplug pins join onto the Ecu circuit board

So with my trusty £8 soldering Iron I got from my local Maplin Electronics store I soldered up all the contact pins and put the ecu back together and then I test drove the call all week and its driving great and I am all happy again

Last edited by owenski; Mar 13th, 2011 at 10:18.
owenski is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to owenski For This Useful Post: