View Single Post
Old Dec 13th, 2018, 13:59   #5
TruckbusUK
Petrolhead+Lots of Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopsSA View Post
I've got Park Assist on my current BMW - never used it.

Plus do you really need PA to park in a car park? If you do, you perhaps need to question your driving abilities IMO. The XC40 isn't a massive car is it but the choice is yours I guess.
Very narrow minded of you CoopsSA, but then again I assume you do not have any form of disability nor impairment.
This type of feature is not just to aid parking for able bodied owners nor those lacking in confidence, but also aids people who have mobility problems, for example, someone who has MS, while they are likely, quite able to can park the car quite successfully on their own, the assistance given by this option removes the stress of the ever present "get on with it" brigade who for some reason believe 20 seconds seems to be a lifetime to wait.

My point is ability is not really why the function is there, its also a convenience and in some cases a stress buster! ... but as you say each to his own, I just hope you never need something to help you later in life that puts in doubt your own prowess and ability!
TruckbusUK is offline   Reply With Quote