View Single Post
Old Nov 1st, 2023, 18:31   #3
purplemk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca2n View Post
Since you can monitor boost pressure, perhaps note what the max value is when it is cut off? It could be the computer protecting the engine from an overboost situation. From memory, maximum boost is around 31 psi.

The solenoid/valve near the air filter box regulates when vacuum is supplied to the engine pads. It regulates this with engine speed and is pulse-width modulated.

The other solenoid/valve near the starter motor is what controls the VNT operation, depending on several parameters including, but not limited to, engine coolant temperature, engine load, throttle position, engine speed, etc.
Thanks for the reply. I think you may be right about it cutting out to protect the engine, its difficult to be sure but it seemed to over boosting judging by the way the intercooler hoses expanded and contracted, I haven’t managed to record any actual figures when its pulsing but during normal driving i got 17 psi max.
unfortunately the instrument cluster is also failing intermittently so I wonder if that could possibly be upsetting the ECU?
purplemk is offline   Reply With Quote