View Single Post
Old Oct 12th, 2020, 21:39   #3
wildtrout

Quote:
Originally Posted by morg151 View Post
I am getting an intermittent issue with my engine light coming on and off randomly. When it comes on I also get around 8 different warning messages on the dashboard stating loads of malfunctions and service required for different things such as brake lights, airbag and park assist etc.

When the lights come on the car runs normally however sometimes it stops the car from starting up and I have to turn it off and back on to get it started again. There was also one time that all the information and dials stopped working on the dashboard while driving which then came back on around 5 minutes later.

I am going to take it over to the garage to have a look but I am thinking that if they plug their machine it it will give out loads of codes even though it seems like a loose connection somewhere which is causing all the issues.

Has anybody heard or seen this before?
hi I'm having the same problem, had it with a local mechanic and after 8 weeks he tells me he can't fix, but he says that its the control unit that needs replaced and programmed and only the Volvo main dealer can do it. has anyone cam across this problem, and what cost am I likely to encounter

regards
wildtrout is offline   Reply With Quote