View Single Post
Old Mar 26th, 2007, 21:57   #1
Mike_Brace
Former contributor

Default I've been banned from my Volvo dealership!

Today a 20 year relationship with our local Volvo dealership Tyn Lôn Volvo of LlanfairPG ended.
I called in with my son Matt to collect some parts that were ordered. We had just dropped a car off at the local scrapyard beforehand. We were virtually across the grey anti-slip mat which covers the ceramic tiles on our way to the parts counter when a man close to door shouted at us.
To cut the story short we had managed to leave a trail of oily footprints behind us. We apologised and checked our boots which by then were clean. Whilst waiting to pay for the parts we were again approached and again apologised and explained how it was unintentional. On leaving I went to apologise again and was basically told we were no longer welcome! This is despite spending a lot of money annually with them.
We dicovered afterwards by speaking to the sevice manager that the person concerned was the dealer principal and the service manager apologised for the way we had been treated.
This has been followed up by a complaint to Volvo Customer Services who have contacted the dealership asking them to try to resolve the matter in the next 24 hours. I will await the outcome with interest. However the damage is now done. I have always tried to support local businesses but whatever the outcome most of my business will now be done mail order.
I feel this is a very sad of affairs but to be honest comes as no surprise as the world seems less and less willing to accept people in "working" clothes.

Miike

Mike_Brace is offline   Reply With Quote