View Single Post
Old Mar 26th, 2007, 23:15   #7
James_N
VOC Member

My Experiance with dealers is a bit mixed. When i went to buy my CTR, I was refused a test drive on the grounds that being 21, meant I was a chav to them, and just wanted to thrash one round the block for half an hour!

I eventually managed to get a passenger ride, and bought the car, but the after service i recieved was DIRE. VERY VERY bad, so much so, that I wont EVER buy another Honda.

Stoke and Cannock dealers were just as bad. Totally unacceptable service.
I didnt bother complaining, as it would of probably gone in the bin.

Porsche on the other hand. Me and a mate wondered in, funnily enough, after he had just paid a deposit on a private sale CTR, we agreed on the way back to pop into Porsche just for a laugh.

So out of the 740 we get, jeans and t-shirt both of us, and wonder into the showroom.
There was one chap in a suit looking at a Boxster. Various good looking babes on the reception desk
So me and a mate wondered round, had a look at the second hand cars, and a salesman came over "Can I help you at all". My response: "No thanks, we are just dreaming!". Salesman: "It costs nothing to dream. I'll leave you to it gents, take care"

And that was that. All in all, I enjoyed it in the porsche dealership. No real snobbery (Although not all Porsche dealers would be so accomodating i guess) and just left us to it!

As for Volvo dealers, Ive only ever been into the Stafford dealer for an oil filter, so cant really comment much on them.