View Single Post
Old Jan 18th, 2020, 21:12   #15
kennyt5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv70 View Post
Come on pal,you've got to come clean with this one,it'either a wind up or you are one lucky b------,did you forget to tell us that it was your best mate selling it,or that in the deal you have to do some [special favours] or the seller was not all there,as scrapyard would have paid more than that,and just a bumper and rear lights would have got more,i appreciate some people couldn't be bothered to strip for parts,but a few items,taken off and it would still be a runner and get more than a ton,anyway if you got it for that you should have bought a lottery ticket same day.
100% Genuine, the guy wanted it to go to a good home rather than it being scrapped. It could have turned out a very expensive repair bill for me (that was the gamble). The chap who sold it to be is local and knows I have owned a V70 T5 (p80) for over 13 years and I'm an enthusiast.
Some people like myself just hate seeing cars scrapped and would give them away to the right person. In the past I've given a perfect SAAB 900 away for free, and next week my Mercedes clk 230k 2004 with mot is going to a guy for £50, because he wants to and will spend time and money on her.
kennyt5 is offline   Reply With Quote