View Single Post
Old Sep 20th, 2020, 14:55   #5
R-P
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-P View Post
Third is the main cylinder: Once we had it out and free of fluid, I could feel it putting pressure on the output, not on the fluid input. This was when I pushed IN the cylinder. When I pulled it out, it would suck in air through the inlet. There is a valve in the inlet that closes when the cylinder builds up pressure and opens (to let in fresh fluid) when it releases pressure. Keeping both inlet and outlet sealed off with your fingers, you can check if that valve works correctly. (When pushing the cylinder IN you should feel build-up of airpressure on the OUTPUT. After releasing this pressure, when you pul OUT the piston, you should feel a (partial) vacuum on both the INLET and the OUTLET of the fluid, sucking in the skin on your fingers.) It could still leak a little without you noticing, but I think you would likely notice a big leak.
Rereading, I think that the red parts make it a little clearer. If not, blame it on the language barrier...

R-P is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to R-P For This Useful Post: