View Single Post
Old Sep 20th, 2009, 10:58   #2
kenny
Master Member

i'm sorry but i think you are mad,
LPG fitters go on very expensive courses so they know how to fit LPG systems.
They are kept upto date with the latest spec and rules.
if your system has an ECU how will you set it up? if it doesn't have an ECU it's not worth fitting.
Your insurance company will want an instilation certificate and will probably not cover you without one, if you don't tell them it's fitted, you will find yourself without cover when you need it. you say you are new to LPG and infact state you don't even know where to put the injectors, if you make a mistake you will have no end of problems getting your car to run peoperly.
Lets just hope that's all that goes wrong, make a real bad job of it and your car, wife and kids could all go up in a fire ball.
Please please please do yourself a big favor, take your kit to an approved LPG fitter and pay him to fit it.
If you were to fit a gas system in your house and it went wrong you would go to jail as many people have done, i sure the same would happen if your car was to blow up and you were lucky enough to get out.
please do not be offended by what i have said there is no job i would not undertake on any car i have been in and arround the motor trade for over 25 years and have had 2 cars with LPG and my boat runs on LPG bowever i would not play about with fitting an LPG kit. leave it to the experts.
kenny is offline   Reply With Quote