View Single Post
Old Mar 2nd, 2017, 21:30   #74
jjkenya

Hello 1 and all.

I felt I should close this thread with an outcome and situation. The car was finally received back from Volvo yesterday. The engine was replaced under warranty, and they paid me a small compensatory sum for the inconvenience. I had to pay for the fuel pipes and my wipers and brakes were needing replacement as they'd sat idle so long... I was too tired to fight that battle.

I must say that almost 6 months without our car has been a real test (understatement of the year) and I wish there was more of a penalty for the warranty company who should have paid out in September 2016...

Regardless, the car is back, and I have to openly thanks:
1. everyone in this thread who supported me
2. one user in particular who I have contacted privately, who is an independent assessor and performed an assessment for us because of this forum

I've learnt a few lessons, one of which is that insurance companies really are shaftstards, and they will go to lengths to shut out claims. I imagine that most people would have given up on this one, as would I, had I been able to afford a replacement engine.

The Ombudsman process is good, but time consuming and is more suited to financial transactions than vehicles. I am genuinely grateful that we live in a country that has these methods of recourse in place and that they actually perform. I come from a place (check my username...) that this would never happen.

If anyone has any questions about the outcome, the process or anything else that they feel remain unanswered, the least I can do is detail it here. Please let me know.

Thanks again
jjkenya is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jjkenya For This Useful Post: