View Single Post
Old Mar 30th, 2018, 07:43   #11
S60D5-185
Me ? Surely Not!

Location: 2007 Volvo XC90 D5 Geartronic. South of Hadrians Wall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz167 View Post
Thanks for all the great advice. I am now looking for a towbar and electrics. I have a quote from FRF for new electrics but does anyone know if there's a decent 'preloved' bar and electrics?
I have just been through this exact scenario with my XC90 and the problem with second hand towbars is that people simply ask far too much for them because the sellers think that they are horrendously expensive new! In addition they are invariably rusty and finally people will not post them out due to weight.

I'm not saying that you won't find a good used set up at the right price but you would have to be very lucky.

I paid £77 for a brand new fixed towbar ( detachable was available at extra cost ) for my XC90 and that included delivery. As for the Electrics I bought the genuine Volvo harness and module from my local Volvo dealer who was more than happy to give a discount equal to FRF and there was no postage involved.

2007 Volvo XC90 D5 SE Geartronic
S60D5-185 is offline   Reply With Quote