View Single Post
Old Jul 17th, 2018, 05:52   #5
emtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjeoo View Post
Hey guys!

Bad news I took my v40 1.8 2003 volvo to a mechanic a week ago, to get the timingbelt, water pump and vvt wheel exchanged. They did the job, allthough they managed to lift on the oil pan, and crack it...

Anyway, the car runs kinda poor now, its not acceleration like before, and when you go up a hill, its really hard to keep the km/h up??

When i floor the pedal, nothing really happens, its really slow, the only real noticiable acceleration is happingen after 4000 rpm...

It was not like this before the mechanic "fixed" it.

What could be wrong?

I have read that i could be the timing, or the distributor.. mabye they didnt set the vvt wheel correctly? They are taking it in again tomorrow, hoping they will pay for the failure, and not just blame something else like the air filter, wich i have checked..

The VVT-sprocket is out of timing.
Is this a Volvo repair shop? Did they use the Volvo cam and crank locking tools?
If not a Volvo shop they most likely do not have the locking tools, and then it's easy to mess up the timing.
So they cracked the oil pan? That tells me this is a sloppy bunch of mechanics. They supported the engine by jacking it up without using a block of wood between the jack and the oil pan.

Last edited by emtor; Jul 17th, 2018 at 05:56.
emtor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to emtor For This Useful Post: