Old Feb 22nd, 2019, 09:45   #14
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyf90 View Post
Is that super-late 760?

1. Hazard switch on dash
2. Clock adjustment button on dash
3. Headlight switch 9/10.30/12 o clock (rather than 11/12/1 o clock for 940s)
4. 940-esque speedo (newer font) but with odd speeds missing

I'm a geek, I know!

Cheers
Depends what you call "super-late" really! It's a 1988 facelift model, one of the first facelift 760s i think.

Like i've said on many threads on many subjects, Volvo seemed to fit what they had as and when the mood took them! That said, the owners handbook depicts exactly what i've got so they obviously made enough like mine to make it worth printing the book!

Also unusal on the early facelift 760s, the headlamps have the fog and drioving lamps built in but the fog lamp is uppermost in the cluster with the driving lamp at the bottom - opposite to the later 940 although i've seen one (it was on ebay recently for £4995, probably still is!) with 940 headlamps fitted. You can see what i mean in this shot :

I've upgraded the fog and driving lamp bulbs to HID (35W) and the main/dip bulb in the outer to a proper H4 LED bulb that gives a superb beam pattern and much better light output. It now has clear front indicators and side repeaters too, next job in that department is clear/red rear lights but they've just disappeared from ebay - doubtless they'll reappear after Brexit!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote