View Single Post
Old Jun 14th, 2019, 13:48   #4
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxPower View Post
When I press the switch I can feel the motor activate and the cable to the drive(?) on the rail move/tighten. Is that indication enough that the switch contacts are good?

I will try to clean the switches again. I hope it's merely that.

I'd love to take the rails right off to be able to clean them more thoroughly. At first review it looks like that would be... an effort. Will look into that process more to confirm.
With the extra information here, i'd say the switches are working but i'm confused about the cable you're on about. TO the best of my knowledge, there is a motor, gearbox and an output to a shaft with a pinon on each end that locates in and moves a rack on each side of the seat to give fore/aft movement.

There was a thread on here recently about a drivers seat that wouldn't move because drive had been lost to one of these pinions - can't remember if it was a failed coupling or what but you need to strip it down as far as necessary to find the mechaincal problem.

Tried to find the relevant diagram on volvopartswebstore but they've changed the navigation on it recently and it's a struggle. See what you can do :

https://www.volvopartswebstore.com/

You're looking for the electric seat base if memory serves.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote