View Single Post
Old Nov 2nd, 2008, 10:05   #21
Chris_Rogers
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard333 View Post
I have downloaded scantool.net which is free and plan to buy an obd11 connector from ebay , I am being naieve thinking that I will be able to then connect it my V70 D5 to resolve a long standing problem . I have seen sites like Autotap ( USA based ) and various others all claiming their engine diagnosis software/reader is the best but all I have done so far is to confuse myself with the vast array of whats on offer although Autotap are now sending there very imformative educational emails every week . I have even considered buying a lap top with serial port and pre loaded software and obd11 cable , you can get these for about £200. I dont want a basic code reader , it would be nice to see waveforms and voltage outputs from things like the 02 sensors etc but again is this expecting too much considering that at the moment all I may need is an OBD11 connector costing about £15 ? What really put me off just buying a code reader was seeing one for sale in Halfords for £215 and thinking thats a bit steep and then seeing all the other gear available on the internet for a fraction of the price . Any advice please .

What year is the car.

Diesels did not have to be OBDII/EOBD compliant until 2004, the earlier Volvo ones weren't compliant.
Chris_Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote