View Single Post
Old Aug 2nd, 2018, 20:29   #10
vhgudjohnsen

Default Never ending story

This is the never ending story. After having this problem occur every random amount of weeks, and after spending days on reading about it.

Results

1) This is the never ending story. All threads end in a question. I have read them all. This is the first time I post since this is moderately new thread.
2) Don't talk to the shop, especially the dealership. Even though hundreds of people have asked about this on online forums the dealership seems to know nothing about the problem. And I mean nothing. You might as well speak to a rock and get more from it.
3) What helps reducing problem: Disconnecting battery for one hour sometimes helps. Use contact spray to clean CEM located passenger side. Use this video if you don't know how: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_M0KW3wFpI

If someone has a final fix for this problem he deserves a medal.

I have a Volvo V50 2005 station. And yes, this just happened to me today (02.08.2018), again, for the tenth time. Today was the first time I cleaned the CEM with contact spray though. But I know this will happen again. Winter is coming.

Last edited by vhgudjohnsen; Aug 2nd, 2018 at 20:31.
vhgudjohnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to vhgudjohnsen For This Useful Post: