Thread: C70: - Battery charging
View Single Post
Old Dec 3rd, 2019, 20:41   #4
ITSv40
VOC Member

If the car is getting little use you need a smart charger. I have a Ctek charger that is permanently connected to the C70, it monitors the battery and keeps it in optimum condition and the car is always 'on the button'.

My son has a XR3i Convertible that was restored to concours about 10 years ago. He bought a new Motorcraft battery from Ford to complete the restoration.

The battery has always been connected to a Ctek charger and always starts first time. In fact about 3 years ago he decided to modify and upgrade the brakes; he took the engine/gearbox out to improve access to the braking system and as part of that exercise removed the battery and popped it on the shelf with the Ctek connected. Life got in the way and the engine did not go back in for 18 months - the battery had stood on the shelf all this time. Battery went back in the car, turned the key and the engine whipped over as normal and soon started. The battery is now 10 years old with infrequent use, but always connected to the Ctek. It performs as well as when new.
ITSv40 is offline   Reply With Quote