View Single Post
Old Feb 13th, 2015, 14:25   #30
Sweedish whip

Quote:
Originally Posted by tainted View Post
I just thought I'd post up my solution, I did see an improvement after changing the filters but this post, below, showed me that you can clean the gas distributor by using STP fuel injector cleaner and it works!

My car is now as smooth on LPG as it is on petrol, I'm very happy and very grateful:

"Hi i also have a 2003 bi fuel 140.000 on clock, iv'e done 70.000 in last two years,when i bought the car it had a missfire, so i disconected gas pipe below the filter,a small hiss is heard as the gas in the pipe is relessed,no problem just dont smoke
Then i poured half a bottle of STP injector cleaner down the pipe,reconected the pipe,started the engine waited for auto switch over,the car would spplutter and stall,then i leave the car for a few hours to let it desolve the oil deposits.
Then when i start it i takes a few seconds to clear, then runs like a dream,i do this process when ever it starts to miss or stall,or every 10.000 milles.I have tried diff types of cleaner and found this one to be best! good look"
Hi Tainted,
Great fix... can you send me your guide, having a little trouble working it out on my S40. (I am a recent SAAB convert). I can't find which hose to put the injector cleaner down. Regards Lex
Here is my email if it helps:
photolex@yahoo.com
Sweedish whip is offline   Reply With Quote