View Single Post
Old Jun 17th, 2019, 16:01   #4
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samson3208 View Post
Hi,

I'm new here so apologies for my first post being a problem. I bought my first Volvo 4 months ago and, while it's been brilliant, it's developed a fault on the way home today. It's a 2007 C30 and it started to randomly indicate right while I was driving home. It did it while I was turning and while I was driving in a straight line but it always indicated right.

When I got home I did some checking and found that it also started indicating right when I flicked the main beam on and kept going when I flicked it off. It also switches on when I flash the lights too.

Now, I figured it was either the indicator stalk or the relay. Could anyone who has had a similar fault or a knowledge of Volvo electrics offer any advice on this?

Thanks all in advance

Sam
It will not be the stalk if only the one right hand indicator flashes , it could well be if both front and rear flash . However when you mention main beam problems at the same time i would suspect the CEM under the glove box with the fuses in . Disconnect battery and take it out , unplug all the plugs and look carefully at the pins in the sockets for corrosion . Plug it all back in and it might be ok due to the cleaning action of the plugs going back in .