View Single Post
Old Mar 21st, 2020, 10:56   #25
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foeux View Post
Rightly, I was ribbed for not checking the bulbs. I do not know how easily a v8 will go in. My head calculations lead me to believe the sump will need work, the brake servo will need moving but apart from that the 'does it fit' conundrum seems to produce the answer, 'Yes!'
The Bulb Failure warning light should have lit up every time you hit the brakes, if it didn't, there's a very high chance the bulb failed during the test. Many moons ago a colleagues works van failed the MoT on the rear foglight not working - bulb had blown.

He got plenty of ribbing for that and then i put my car in for an MoT a couple of weeks later.
Despite testing all the bulbs on arrival at the test station, both rear fog bulbs failed during the test, hence a failure! Two new bulbs and a pass certificate was issued.

I also got some ribbing at work over that until i pointed out i had checked them before i left the car at the test station and all was good.
Simple fact is bulbs can fail at any time so i wouldn't worry about it.

Fairly sure the brake servo won't need moving for the V8, plenty of videos on YouTube showing the installation of a 1UZ V8 into 2/7/9xx cars, most are LHD but a few RHD as well, none seem to have moved the servo. This one shows a 240 with a 1UZ in it, brake servo is in the same place :

https://youtu.be/nrDgAitsOrE

Plenty more on there, just that vid shows a nice underbonnet shot. Don't forget it's a 90 degree V8 so each bank is canted over 45 degrees from vertical unlike the original redblock which is 20 degrees to the right from vertical. That means the head will sit below the servo. There's more room in the 7/9xx engine bay than the 2xx but gives you an idea.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: